Saturday, January 27, 2007

Tea cozy and sunshine

Four years ago I started knitting a sweater for a friend of mine. She and I travelled across Canada one summer when she moved back from Ontario to Victoria. We had a good time, were silly, drank lots of wine, camped and saw some amazing country. And agreed that I would knit a sweater for her and she would make me a dress. She bought the wool, I bought the material. Well. I decided for some silly reason to make up a pattern as I went a long. A year and a half the sweater was finished (while the dress was done in 4 months) and it was horrible. Awful. Big, ugly, bulky. I bought her a sweater and we called it even.


I didn't pick up knitting needles for at least a year after that!

But I found the awful sweater the other day and thought I should felt it up. Here it is. I threw it in the washing machine and washed it about 4 times on the hot and cold cycle. And then today I was inspired to turn Ugly Sweater into Funky Tea Cozy. Not bad eh? It is now a gift for that friend, and I can't wait to give it to her.






The cats seem to love the tea cozy too.


The dogs were actually feeling frisky enough in the sun to pull out the toys again.Here are the crocus in the lawn.
















And some views from Maple Mountain taken in the sun yesterday. This is the beautiful place I live! I am so lucky! The Honey and I went up for a hike on the mountain with the dogs and were searching for the perfect picture for the logo of our new forestry company. We got a great shot too.

No comments: