Monday, November 27, 2006

Knitting pics

It still hasn't sunk in that I am a PhD.

Interesting thing to note though. Prior to obtaining those letters I "had" degrees. As in I "have" an MSc. Suddenly though, and entirely without thinking about it, I became my degree. I AM a PhD. [shudder]. People say that all the time, and it wasn't until now I thought about it. I think I prefer (and therefore should watch my language) I HAVE a PhD in Forestry!

Post defense activities: knitting (yay!), hiking, starting a good book, cleaning the house from pre-defense clutter, and yes, working (bills have to be paid).

On the knitting front I am have a great time knitting my first lace scarf. It is addicting. I can't wait until the evening when I can sit and concentrate on each little lovely lacy row. The yarn is wonderful too, it is kid mohair with a glitter thread throughout from Rowan. Here is a picture:
Also, here is a photo of completed celtic vest. You will notice the snazzy ties on the side. I didn't have the brooch the pattern calls for, and was wanting to wear it at the craft fair so I knitted up some ties and sewed them on. I actually think it looks stylin' :) General malaise and the need to bounce back post-defense prevented me from offering you a picture of the vest with me in. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your PhD.
I'm a first time reader of your blog, and we have so much in common. I'm an environmental science student with a background as a Forest Technologist and have spent a lot of time studying beetles (the mountain pine variety amongst them). I hope to work in BC someday, and will definitely stay tuned to your blog. Your craft table looked lovely btw (so many nice colours).