Saturday, November 25, 2006

I passed!

Quick note, because I need to take pictures of knitting (celtic vest complete and new project) before posting more. BUT:

I successfully defended my dissertation on Tuesday. I am a PhD!!!

I have minor revisions to do, but it is otherwise finished.

After almost 4 years of constant worry there is only a huge sense of relief.

To celebrate on Wednesday I knit and knit and knit. New project is a scarf for Grandma called Angel Pearls designed by Sivia Harding in Vancouver. Grandma fingered the sample in Urban Yarns when we visited post-defense (isn't life good?) but hummed and haahed, so I scrambled off with it when her back was turned. In the end she choose Celtic Vest as well, so she, Mom and I will certainly be matching. It is turning into our own little knit along!

No comments: