Monday, February 01, 2010

Frickin' Facebook

I caved, I joined Facebook. WHAT WAS I THINKING? Clearly a week moment. Maybe even too many glasses of wine, I don't know. True was overcome by the whole FaceBook glamour. I would keep in touch with friends I don't see much! I would know what is going on! I would be with the "in" crowd.

If you haven't joined, don't it is a load of crap.

Here's the thing: some of it is true. I love that I have a better glimpse of friends' lives who live further away or who I don't see as often any more. That's cool. My sister in law (to be) and I have had some chats because of FB, that's cool too.

But what the hell is the rest???? People I haven't seen in years, decades, suddenly "friend" me? They don't send an email - Hey how are you? Where are you these days? etc etc. They just click the button" Friend Request. Then suddenly, if I accept, they see everything about me, fine, but also every time I comment on someone else's stupid FaceBook page. Yes, EVERYONE of those "friends" sees what I write to someone else. And I see the same. Quite frankly I don't give a flying S*&T about most of what I see when I go onto my home page: So and So commented on So and So's Pictures. So and So is now friends with So and So!!

God I sound like my mother with all the So and So stuff. See? It is making me mental. I have considered deactivating my account, but see? Somehow they have me hooked enough I just can't do it. But the polite side of me also can't "Ignore" every stupid boring Friend Request. It is giving me anxiety!

:) I guess I much prefer the anonymous world of blogging where high school and old boyfriends can't find me, I can rant in peace more or less, and I can resist the urge to turn into the high school self I once was.

No comments: