Friday, December 11, 2009

Lights! Lights! Lights!

First thing in the morning and practically the first thing at night this is what we hear these days:
Lights! Lights! Lights!

The Wooly Little Man is fascinated by lights and is even more so since we put up Christmas lights inside and out. He runs to the front windows and wants me to follow yelling "Lights! Lights! Lights!".He has yet to experience the Christmas tree but I expect it to blow his mind on the weekend. Not to mention that "Tree! Tree! Tree!" is frequently heard on our dog walking adventures.

Outside we splurged a little and got 3 LED strings for the front of the house, and allocated the old, fading blue icicle lights (which I sentimentally hang on to from a cold clear winter living in Arizona, decorating my little abode on my own in anticipation of Mr Wooly (dating days) and my family visiting over holidays) to our huge Oregon Grape tree/bush at the front of the drive.

Since I am rambling a bit, I also love the Oregon Grape bush. We live down a long driveway which is part of a 3 house strata (own the land, share the driveway) and our direct neighbours in the middle hate any tree and native vegetation. They recently cut down a huge cottonwood tree right on the property and have proclaimed their hatred of the Oregon Grape, but since this is shared, have to put up with it unless we agree otherwise. So I revel in decorating the damn thing evil Christmas spirit that I am.

Anyway off to walk the dogs before it gets dark. Little Man also loves walking and is getting really good at it out in the forest. Had a nice ramble with UnPCMama and her boy this morning already, but did it without the pooches so better go do the duty.

1 comment:

Caroline Storie said...

ha ha I'm your rambling friend..in sooo many ways! Hope your "proper" walk went well XX