Friday, June 12, 2009

Walking around the house

The baby is independently walking around the house now- has started only over the past few days. Has gone from standing up at a table to navigating from table to chair to couch to....door, oh my gosh almost out the screen!!!! Yep, have to suddenly watch very closely and have started to move ANYTHING that he shouldn't be into. Electrical cords, computers, papers, any non-board books (he eats the paper pages).

Baby's first birthday is fast approaching and we are having a big hoopla. Mostly family and a few friends, big and small. We hope it will be a nice day and are planning to go to the beach and have a bbq.

Mr W is still working 5 days a week in Vancouver. He has been there almost 3 months! We are surviving on both sides. Makes it harder now that the baby can quite clearly say "Hi Dada!" (and to the right person!). Baby was playing with the cell phone this morning saying "Dada! Dada!" when Mr W phoned. I answered and I think the baby was just too overwhelmed by it all and sat down and started crying. Good thing Mr W comes home tonight :)

I have been busy looking for bits of work. It is tough, I seem to get extra stressed about work right now. I have no plans on how I would work if I got any- i.e. no daycare lined up. I don't even want daycare. Mom says she will help out, so I think I will also look for a nanny. Of course I say that but have made no move in that direction. I feel he is too little to be in daycare a few mornings a week, but lots of kids are in daycare at that age. If I have a choice, I think I will try and find an alternative in the meantime.

On the creative side, I made a book for baby's first birthday, based on a song we sing. I also am still knitting up a summer top in the hopes I might get to wear it soon! Will post pics if I do.

No comments: