Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Gardening in February

I was out in my garden yesterday afternoon for about an hour, so Mr W had to phone his parents who live in the interior to gloat, uh, I mean, tell them about it. I have snowdrops poking their heads up, but Mom has hers in full bloom! Lots of other little things coming up, so I took the opportunity to clean up the dead stems and prune back some of the bushes that got overgrown. Here is a picture of last year's garden in the spring...

I have been hiking quite a bit too, and a few weeks ago my friend and I packed our sons up to the top of one of the local mountains. It was a glorious day and warm enough to shed several layers, at least in the sunshine. We sat at the top for about an hour eating snacks and getting a tan.

The little boy loves to eat eat eat. His first taste of new food is always met by a puzzled look but after he tries it again a few days later he seems to like almost anything. Cheerios are is current favourite, probably because it is such a challenge to pick them up that most end up on the floor, which attracts the dogs to his high chair, and he LOVES the dogs.

No comments: