Sunday, April 22, 2007

Spring lemons are finally ready!


Finally, spring has come here, and the lemons have ripened.


What? Did I confuse you? But seriously, check out the 100 mile lemons I purchased from a friend at the market. Aren't they beautiful? They really were grown right here on the island, but in someone's greenhouse.

They tasted so wonderful (yes, they are now all gone), and sweet, more like oranges than lemons.

They went well with the cold that sprung on me earlier in the week. And Honey was out working far from home so I couldn't get any real sympathy. Poor me. It helped to use Best Bud's hot toddy recipe- rum and lemons, yum. That knocked me out one evening when my throat was sore.

In gardening news- there is a garden! Yesterday I got all sorts of lettuce, spinach, and radishes planted. Today I am going to plant peas, kale and maybe broccoli. In the flower garden the sweet peas shall be planted, which is exciting since I have not planted sweet peas in years, yet they are one of my favourites!

1 comment:

Erika said...

and my favourites too.... hint hint. A lovely post - who'd have thunk it that lemons would be ripe, and grown here on Vancouver Island as well!

When will you collect your Birthday prezzie? and when will you collect your Christmas present?