Saturday, December 12, 2009

Reconnect

I have had two nice reconnection with friends in my life over the past month. You know those friends which through just life circumstances you see less. And I think more importantly, have less chance to laugh with, again just because of whatever else is going on with everyone.

In November I flew (for the first time) with the Little Man to PG to see a good friend. She and I used to talk on the phone DAILY. And I mean religiously. Our husbands often came home to our respective houses to find us gabbing while.... cooking, knitting, working on the computer etc. Since these various life things happened though we talk much less, but I wanted still to go see her and have a chance for a visit with the Little Man. It had been 7 months since we had seen her and I figured it was time.

And it was a really nice time. We ate, drank lots of wine, walked her dogs and pulled the boy in the sled. Chased the boy around her non -child-proof house.. and laughed. We got to do all the things friends do in a few days, and it was fun. Even the plane ride with the little guy was just fine (poor Mr W. was nervous the whole time we were in the air because he hates flying and didn't like us doing it alone).

While there I remarked I loved her pillows, they were so soft. So yesterday we came home to a delivery from Sears- our Xmas present - new pillows from my friend! Very cool and very funny at the same time, I laughed about it. Mr W said "What's up with that did you tell her you liked her pillows a lot?" Yep.

Anyway, also spent a nice, child-less afternoon (Mr W had the boy) with one of my cousins. It has been forever and a day since she and I spent any time together without husbands and/or baby. We went to one of my neighbours (not the tree haters) who runs a pottery studio and decorated Xmas ornaments. It was great! And again, we had a chance to chat, catch up, and yes laugh.

When the days are dark it makes it so much better to have a laugh. I have wonderful friends, including a best bud only a street away (UnPCMama) and the chance to reconnect with some of these people has been lovely. Will go now maintain my sugar/alcohol high and eat some more chocolate while drinking wine (Fuzion apparently the latest craze, pretty good for $9 a bottle!).

WW

No comments: