Saturday, December 30, 2006

Wooly Woman does (and also survives) the holidays


Ok, first off, since this is supposed to contain knitting content, I must apologize. I took lots of pictures over the holidays, but forgot (yes forgot) to take pictures of Grandma's lacy scarf all finished, and the wedding socks. Hopefully the recipients of the gifts can send pictures later!!!

So instead is a picture of the newly dyed Lincoln fleece I will be spinning for my secret pal. She loves blue she tells me over email, so that is what I have dyed up for her.

I survived the holidays with a minor amount of drinking (a new craft friend said she is a Christmas alcoholic which describes things well- don't worry Mom I am laying off the sauce for awhile). One minor mishap cooking our first ever extended family dinner. I forgot (yes forgot) to cook the vegetarian dish, and half the guests were vegetarian. I remembered just as we were about to dish up! I had made perogies by hand for the veggies, so I can't believe I forgot to get them cooking! Fortunately they are easy to cook and were ready in no time. Here we are sitting down for a lovely meal. Everyone fit in the dining room, but barely! It was a hoot.

After Christmas we headed up to Ucluelet on the wet westcoast of the island to my cousin's wedding. She said "I do" amongst the roar of crashing waves on a beautiful gorgeous brilliant sunny afternoon. Her new husband sang her a love song on his ukuelele (sp?) and we had a roaring good party afterwards.

I love this picture of her hugging Grandma, so I will post it here. This is the couple I knit wedding socks for. I figured that the key to a good marriage is toasty feet while cuddling: on the top of a mountain (they climb), after surfing the waves in Ucluelet, apres-ski in the back country somewhere, and just in general while starting new loves in rainy Seattle. But no pictures! Sad!

Can you believe it is back to work tomorrow? SOOOOOO much work to do in the new year. The Honey made a New Year's list today, and #1 is Have More Fun. I came across this while talking to the Best Bud on the phone, complaining about back to work. We agreed that he has the right attitude, and since her husband is the same, are we not lucky to have loved ones to remind us of this? Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im curious how the Lincoln spins up as I thought it was a bit strong,being biased against "most" fleece that isn't merino,(love BFL though),LOL