Saturday, October 28, 2006

The promised update on projects


The Nov 16-17 Christmas Chaos Craft Fair is fast approaching. I am planning to fill a dye pot this afternoon, but am worrying whether or not I will have enough spun wool! What I don't sell I can post on Etsy since I have gotten behind keeping the wool up to date here.

I am also contemplating felting Christmas baubles, in the price range of $6 each. Will see how that works.

This here is a picture of my Witches Knickers (name of wool, see store link on right) scarf. I am not very happy with it and want to tear it apart and make a wee purse. Too scratchy for a bare neck, it is mohair after all (and I guess just not soft mohair).

Jen and Pippa and I went to the Fleece and Fibre Fest last Saturday. Wooohoo! I had a little euphoric high after the even which lasted the rest of the day. Everything was sooooo beautiful. I got the name of someone who raises alpacas and am looking forward to getting some fleece locally. The Crofton Fibre Mill woman was so very busy the entire time I could not get to talk to her, but I will be taking my alpaca there to be cleaned and carded into rovings and am looking forward to meeting her. Hummingbird Fibre Arts from Nanaimo had a wonderful booth filled with dyed wool of all colours and kinds, and I bought some Jacquard dyes to try. Jen and I talked with the Tzouhalem Spinners and Weavers and hope to get updates from them. They meet during the day on Tuesdays though which isn't good for a working girl.

Below is the progress on my Celtic Vest. It is pretty fun to knit and is progressing at a fast enough rate to keep me at it and entertained. A woman at our Monday night craft group is going to try the pattern next too because she was impressed at how fast it was knitting up.

Craft group is fun. We aren't allowed to call it Stitch N Bitch because of internal and external protest that we wouldn't really be bitching would we? Sorry girls, but keep the definition of bitch broad enough and we fit the bill :) It will be a pre-Hallowe'en Craft Night this Monday but everyone is rather concerned about the craft fair where we are having a collective table so we must be extra productive and not be tempted by carving pumpkins!

No comments: